Massage during pregnancy not only makes a woman feel more comfortable, but offers undeniable health benefits as well. In all trimesters, regular prenatal massage can:
• Encourage relaxation.
• Reduce physical and emotional stress.
• Decrease depression and anxiety.
• Alleviate muscle and joint pain, particularly SI joint pain, pubic symphasis
dysfunction, sciatica, low back, and shoulder pain.
• Improve breathing, digestion, and sleep.
• Prepare pelvic muscles for birth process.
As a Pre- and Perinatal Massage Specialist, I spend my days helping women feel confident, comfortable and relaxed throughout pregnancy and the transition into motherhood. I use techniques that are designed specifically to address pregnancy's challenges. Massage, even deep tissue massage, is safe in all trimesters, but special considerations must be taken into account to keep mom and baby safe.
If you are a mom-to-be experiencing physical discomfort or just nervous about the birth process, I can help! Call for more information or to book an appointment.